I spend so much time sitting it’s nice to hit the road with my sketchbook and see what I can find. This piece was an interesting little experiment. The original outline was done, I believe, almost 2 years ago. I had headed out along the lake shore and ended up in Port Burwell. I wasn’t able to finish the sketch onsite as it was a really windy day. I took a picture so I’d have a resource to use later. Fast forward to a week ago when I came across the unfinished sketch and decided to complete it. My first problem was that I no longer knew where the original picture file was . I have a large amount of digital images that aren’t particularly well organized. It’s an issue for me with using a digital camera. It’s easy to shoot so many pictures, that I can’t remember half the time what’s on my computer. When I shot and developed my own film I certainly took a lot more care with my images. Anyhow I was able to find an image on-line to use which was very fortuitous. What made things a little sticky was the angles that I had already roughed in with pencil and started to work in ink weren’t exactly in-line with those in the found photo. I ended up having to do some fudging and the perspective has a “folksy” thing going on. I made sure not to overwork the image to keep with the original intent of an onsite piece. Even though I had to complete it in studio, using an alternative image resource, I think it still retains the immediacy that was established as the composition foundation at the Port Burwell pier.